Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hello! new here!

SammyRocket

Cavy Slave
! hello everyone !
My name is Samantha and my Guinea pigs name is Matilda, i bought her on march 11 and unfortunately when i got her i didn't know that she was pregnant! she has gotten pretty big within the last couple of day.
Here is a pic of her big pregnant self:

[GuineaPigCages.com] Hello! new here!

And here is one of her cute little face ❤️❤️❤️❤️

[GuineaPigCages.com] Hello! new here!

Shes not my first guinea pig, but she is my first expecting guinea pig, so if you guys have any advice on guinea pig pregnancy please share! i've been doing some research and have read alot of horror stories so i am not so happy about her being pregnant, so i am just hoping for the best!

Welcome to the forum. Your girl is beautiful. Good luck and there are the lots of post on here about the same situation. check them out.

Welcome to the forum! Cute pig!

See (broken link removed) and www.guinealynx.info/labor.html for more information.

Also, there's a search box at the top of this page. Put "pregnant" or "pregnancy" (without the quotes) in it and you'll get a ton of hits.

Also, your pig needs plain with a lot of calcium in them. Oxbow Cavy Performance is a good one for young and pregnant pigs. The alfalfa pellets from (broken link removed) are also good.

Also read https://www.guineapigcages.com/threads/22156/ for more information on what she should eat and when.

She needs unlimited long strand grass hay all the time -- timothy, meadow, orchard, blue or brome. She needs about a cup of veggies per day, of which red or green leaf lettuce and bell pepper should comprise about half. And if she prefers pellets to veggies and pigs out on them, then restrict her to about 1/4 cup of pellets per day while she's young, then to 1/8 cup after she's 6-8 months old.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.