Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hello, I'm new

Boureki

Cavy Slave
Hi, I'm from the UK, have currently 4 rescued/rehomed pigs, but sadly have lost three in the last year, also all from rescue centres. We have C&Cs - 2x2.5 grids for our single boars next to each other and 2x4 grids for our bonded pair. So I'm afraid for the time being the single boar housing may fall very slightly short of the requirements, but only just.

We have just done our first proper rescue from a lady with two fallen out boars who didn't want them any more and hadn't taken them to the vet with their nasty injuries. Needless to say they have already cost us a small fortune, but we don't mind as long as we can afford it! We hope to gradually re-bond them and rehome them in the next few months once they are back in good health. These boars are currently housed in the tiny hutch they came in as it was an emergency pickup but we are soon going to be in receipt of a 6ft hutch they will move into shortly.

I'm actively pro-rescue and try and educate about rescue and rehoming whenever the opportunity arises, but it's hard to not find myself lecturing!

fourboys4now

Cavy Slave
Welcome, and I'm sorry to hear of 3 of your piggies passing this last year. I'm glad you are able to help the 2 piggies that their past owner wouldn't take care of. You will meet a lot of very nice people on here that love and want to help the piggies out there.

Boureki

Cavy Slave
Welcome, and I'm sorry to hear of 3 of your piggies passing this last year. I'm glad you are able to help the 2 piggies that their past owner wouldn't take care of. You will meet a lot of very nice people on here that love and want to help the piggies out there.

Thank you for your welcome - I hope to spend more time on here!

PixieStix

Cavy Slave
Welcome. Look foreward to hearing more about your pigs.

daftscotslass

Cavy Slave
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.