Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

hello i am new i would like to introduce myself

gogo6798

Cavy Slave
hello my name is maria and i have a girl guinea pig named Ginny,she is 5 years old and was bonded with one of my bunnies ever since she was a baby,which though she was Ginny's mama, they were always together when they were outside the cage.on their playing time.her mama died recently in Feb. after that nothings been the same. i have tried bonding her with one of the other bunnies:( they don't fight but it's not the same.she doesn't receive kisses or cuddles, she acts OK,. but sometimes looks very lonely. i don't have the space for another guinea pig.does anyone have any idea what i can do to keep her from being so lonely and getting bored, she has slowed down allot. because of her age but is very healthy.:)

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Guinea pigs and rabbits should never be housed together. A rabbit can accidentally break a guinea pig's fragile back, and rabbits carry diseases that guinea pigs can catch.

How large is your guinea pig cage? Can you rearrange things so you could get another pig?

MrsGuineaPig

Cavy Slave
I agree. Guinea pigs should be housed with other guinea pigs and that's it. Also, how big is your cage? Is it outdoors? I'm very sorry for your loss of your bunny. Also, welcome to the forum!

gogo6798

Cavy Slave
no no she wasn't housed with the bunny, they were in different cages they just went out on play time with each other.the cage is big enough for her but i feel she's lonely,and finaancially i can't get another piggy

AmazingPiggie

Cavy Slave
no no she wasn't housed with the bunny, they were in different cages they just went out on play time with each other.the cage is big enough for her but i feel she's lonely,and finaancially i can't get another piggy

an an extra pig does not cost much more then a single piggie

Cosmic

Cavy Slave
2 pigs barely cost more than just 1 and they will be so much happier and healthier.

gogo6798

Cavy Slave
2 pigs barely cost more than just 1 and they will be so much happier and healthier.
i know but i have 3 other bunnies and i wouldn't even think about it ,but i have a lot of family problems. i love my babies but i can't bare to have them struggling ,right now i have enough for them.

maddy harper

Cavy Slave
hello and welcome

Princess_Piggie

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Even just play time with other rabbits is risking your guinea pigs health and safety. As well as the risk of disease spreading, one misplaced binky from your bunny and your guinea pig could have a broken spine. They're fragile animals and should never be mixed with other species, even just for play time.

gogo6798

Cavy Slave
i understand what you're saying and believe me i wouldn't have let her play with her if it wasn't the way my bunny was,my bunny had a bad arthritis, she was never sick and i checked her very well.gave her her physical and she was fine besides her legs, the people that had her before mistreated her in a very small cage she couldn't move and ruined her forever.she couldn't binky was very calm. that's why i let her go with her.ginny is the same ways in calmness,thank oyu for your concern and thank you for welcoming me here.

Rywen

Cavy Slave
Hi there and welcome to the forum! We'd love to see pigtures of Ginny.

gogo6798

Cavy Slave
can anyone tell me if i wanted to change the pictures that i added.like take away how do you do that?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.