Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hello from Russia

natsmart

Cavy Slave
Hi everybody! I'm Natasha. I live in Moscow, Russia. My little piggy Kazuki (Luncarya) was born Aug 31, 2011. Our boys named him after some hairy anime character. So his behaviour is quite Japaneese: swift, vigorous, cheerfuul but meditative and observant.

I came here to know more about C&C cages. Does anybody know any Russian resellers of this kind of cages?

Hi, Natasha! Welcome to the forum.

As far as I know, you're our first Russian member. There may be others, but if so, they haven't been active in the last several years.

I don't have a clue about where you could find cage materials in Moscow. One good alternative to C&C cages are ones made from metal closet shelving. They're very sturdy and easy to construct, so if you have those in your country, you might try that for the sides of the cage.

The coroplast is sold under different names in different countries -- coroplast, corflute, correx, etc. It's just plasticized cardboard, so you might look for it that way. But anything that's waterproof can go in the bottom of the cage -- here, some people use shower curtains or plastic tablecloths. If you use those, you just have to be more careful about the pigs chewing them, as they're much softer plastic than the coroplast.

Good luck with your piggy, and we'd love to see pictures.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.