Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hello from Maryland!

ericamay601

Cavy Slave
Hi! I am the owner of five adorable guinea pigs. We bought a male/female pair from a family looking to rehome about three months ago. I asked several times confirming that the male was neutered, and the lady kept assuring me he was. Well, yesterday, I walked out of the room for ten minutes and came back to find three piggy babies. We immediately got daddy piggy away, and put a divider up in the middle of the cage (it's a 2x6). So, now we have five piggies, which we plan on keeping. I'm now in search of divided C&C cage layouts/ideas... So, that's my story!

Oh my, what a surprise! I narrowly dodged that same bullet when I adopted a shelter piggy who I was told was female. I found a female companion but thankfully discovered he was a boy before putting them together. He has ambiguous genitals, so I sought out help here and eventually took him to an exotic vet after a vet tech at our cats' vet clinic said he was a girl, too.

Please post pigtures of your cavy family when you can. That's great that you'll be able to keep them all. Hopefully the babies' sexes will work out so both Mom and Dad will have same-sex companions.

I had no idea she was pregnant! She gained a little weight, but did not get huge like pictures of other pregnant guinea pigs. I thought I may have been overfeeding them, but that obviously wasn't the case. The male is named Charley and female is named Cocoa. We haven't named the babies yet.

Would love to see pigtures. Wow what a surprise! When we got my first pig she turned out to be pregnant. Let me know if you need any help, Welcome to the forum! :)

PIGTURES,PIGTURES,PIGTURES,PIGTURES!!!!! They sound cute :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.