Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hello from Dallas!

Ladybug77

Cavy Slave
Hi all! Our family just aquired an all white piggie we named Ferris. He was about to be sent to the pound because no one wanted a REW piggie. Of course we stepped in and took him home :) We are an animal loving home and the is our first piggie since 2001. After changing his cage 3 times now I have finally finished a cage I am proud of and I think he likes. He loves to eat and really likes his personal space. I'm really glad I found this site as it was really helpful in buliding our cage and making sure Ferris has everything he needs!
! Hello from Dallas!Hello from Dallas!Hello from Dallas!Hello from Dallas!

Attachments

3.jpg
Hello and Welcome! Ferris is an adorable piggie! :)

Welcome! Ferris is so cute!

Aww, I have a PEW/Himi mix and he's the most precious piggie ever. I love white pigs! Love the name too! Too cute!

I live by you! LOL I love your piggy!

Pardon me asking, but what exactly is a PEW and why would people not want him because of that? Looks like a cute enough piggy to me. ❤️

Welcome. So nice of you to help out this little piggy:love:. He sure is cute.

REW - red eye white
PEW - pink eye white

It's kinda like black dog syndrome in dogs... black dogs and cats are least likely to get adopted.
Same for white guinea pigs.
I've had a kid call my PEW a monster. lol

Cute piggy! Thanks for taking him in!

REW - red eye white
PEW - pink eye white

It's kinda like black dog syndrome in dogs... black dogs and cats are least likely to get adopted.
Same for white guinea pigs.
I've had a kid call my PEW a monster. lol

So nothing is physically wrong with them? They just don't like their look? I was thinking he was deaf or something (like how the more white a dog has the more likely they are to be deaf).

Thanks for the info...and sorry for interrupting the introductions to ask. Learned something new today.lol

Awww! Such an adorable pig! My sister doesn't like pigs with red eyes, like most people. I love red eyes on pigs! They are so adorable!;)

Thanks everybody! The previous owner said Ferris didn't get along with his other 3 piggies and when a potential new owner asked about the color they immediately said no. Personally I like red eyes on animals as it isn't the norm, and as for being all white, I didn't really mind. He was a sweet boy they said and it was a pitty no one wanted him because of his lack of color. He is home now and that's all that matters to me :) Plus he's going to look really cute with a Santa hat on for Christmas ;)

Nothing wrong with PEW or REW at all physically... most of the time.

There are "lethals". https://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/kitchen/4190-lethal-guinea-pigs.html

However, I believe there is a difference.

Just because a guinea pig is white, doesnt mean it's lethal or blind/deaf.

It's just the lack of color that people don't like. And the glowing eyes. I got my PEW/Himi mix from the shelter because he was a reject that no one wanted simply because he scared someones kids... I guess he was "ugly"

I see piggy butt:D! What a cutiepie! I love the one off him standing at the hay rack! I don't know why, but it always amazes me when piggies stand on their hind legs.

I see piggy butt:D! What a cutiepie! I love the one off him standing at the hay rack! I don't know why, but it always amazes me when piggies stand on their hind legs.

I know! I just put in more hay and turkey butt got on his hind legs to get the fresher stuff! He is a very picky and determined piggie :p

Wow, what a cutie! And I love your cage. I am making mine at the moment, and about to try to make a loft. I am wondering how you make the hay rack? and the ramp? Is it just fleece over coroplast?

Wow, what a cutie! And I love your cage. I am making mine at the moment, and about to try to make a loft. I am wondering how you make the hay rack? and the ramp? Is it just fleece over coroplast?

Jaclyn, if you go under the photos tab and scroll down there is a ramp section. Check there. I bet you will get some ideas from that.

As Lovemyguineas said, I looked under the ramps and hay rack section to get ideas. My hay rack is a section of the wire cubes bent in a "V" and then I made it a little smaller with pieces of corplast cut to fit inside the "V". Does that make sense? You can kind of see it in one of the pics above. As for the ramp, it consist of 2 cube pieces bent in a "L" shape and wire tied together end to end. Then I cut a piece of coroplast to line it with so Ferris' feet wouldn't fall through the wire. Last but not least, I put a hand towel and then a piece of fleece over that so he would have a cushiony walk way. I just looked at a lot of photos and took ideas from others cages. Hope this helps, as I'm not too good at explaining what I did :p Good luck!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.