Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Veg*n Hello, Fellow Veg Heads!

Krisems

Cavy Slave
I just wanted to give a shout out to all the vegetarians and vegans here. My family and I have been vegans for two years now after watching Forks Over Knives and watching many more documentaries and reading other books regarding human health. I tried to be vegetarian twice before, but it didn't stick as my hubby refused to jump on the train with me, and I absolutely HATE cooking (making two meals at each mealtime was out of the question.)

Hubby just completed his second Olympic distance triathlon since going vegan and feels great. I love that we're finally on the same page despite it being for different reasons. He's much more worried about health, and I'm more "ethical treatment of animals." Whatever works, right? :)

Quick Thanksgiving question: what are other veg-heads serving up as an entree instead of turkey? Last year we made stuffed acorn squash, but I want to do something different this year.

WhippetQueen

Cavy Slave
It is so great that there is a Vegan/Vegetarian friendly section :) not having to put up with disrespectful people is great!
So glad to hear that your family is vegan and that your husband is finally vegan too :) I've been vegan for 3 years,my brother has been for 4 years, and my sister has been vegetarian for a few months :) Though my mother, father and my other brothers aren't :'(
Lucky enough for me I have store near by called Everything Vegan that is a completely vegan supermarket! I love shopping for food without having to look at the ingredients :) (Though I still do sometimes as I refuse to eat corn and wheat)

I don't usually eat anything too special on christmas just some Vegan roast and stuffing, some vegan (and kosher!) Candy canes, and of course some Vegan pavlovia! with various other small meals as well :)

Wishing you a very merry vegan christmas :D

veggiegirl

Cavy Slave
Hey there,

At Christmas we usually have nut roast, vegan spring rolls, vegan pizza a mix of things usually. We are so lucky these days, I am 24 and have been vegan since I was 10 years old. It was purely an animal welfare issue for me. I completely cut out all meats over night and stuck to it (pretty good for a 10 year old LOL) and gradually cut out any animal products. We are so lucky these days, back when I first gave up meat there was only really tofu available here but now there is a huge variety of vegan burgers, sausages, pies almost anything you can think of! I love that this forum has a vegetarian/vegan section :)

capric0nus

Cavy Slave
Living in California has been pretty great for being vegetarian, I think. A few towns over there's a lot of health food stores that actually sell a lot of great stuff for vegetarians and vegans! My folks are ovo-lacto vegetarian, and we usually keep a lot of Morningstar Farms products in the house ouo

For Thanksgiving we usually get a big tofurkey roll as our "thanksgiving turkey", a spinach quiche, green beans and other veggies, and lots of potato dishes!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.