Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

hello everyone :-) ive got two piggies called honey and biscuit they are both females

twinkletoes

Cavy Slave
i am a bit worried because one of my piggies is very dominant over the other. I'm thinking that she is going to attack the other?

Welcome to the forum! If you can, we would like to see pictures of your pigs! :)
I have females and sometimes they go into heat. One Time they got quite aggressive, and that lasted for 2 days. As long as no blood is drawn, they will be okay. The only reason I thought of separating my pigs was so that they could sleep without getting bothered. Big piles of hay helped keep them from bothering each other.
A big cage will also help keep aggression down.

I had this exact problem with my females as well. The bigger of the two was always...mounting... the other one and purring. And while I found it amusing and somewhat funny at times, I knew it was just natural. When they started to fight I got them a bigger cage and made sure they always had something to entertain themselves with. Also make sure they each have their own places to hide. With my pigs that was a big issue. They would always fight over the big igloo so I had to get another one and put it in another section of the cage. The only time they fought after that was when one was in heat. I hope this helped you.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.