Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hello! c:

MissCheshire

Cavy Slave
Hello everyone! MY name is Alex and it's a pleasure to meet you! c: I've been owning piggies every since I was a wee little girl in elementary school. About 8 or so years, in fact.

I'm currently a Highschool student who is transitioning from Public to Online school for various reasons. I have a passion for art (it's currently my only income LOL xD saving up for a C&C cage and an anime convention is hard to do!).

My only pigglet at the moment is a store bought (I know y'all don't like the store bought piggies that much, but I have quite the reason for buying him. I know it doesn't condone it, but I couldn't help myself from falling in love with this lil' guy!)

The reason I bought him instead of rescued a little fur-baby was because while a friend and I were waiting for a bus last friday, she and I had walked over to the petco to look around at things she thought her hedgehog might enjoy. I, however, ha left her with cat toys in favor of the rodents. I wandered around, looking at the hamsters, the mice, and rats. Once I saw this cute little baby running around doing laps in the cage and popcorning, I'd fallen in love. He even stopped to sniff at the glass as if to say "hello!"before continuing with his little party. If I had to have guessed, he hadn't been in that cage for very long at all! I know he probably came from a mill and that he more than likely wasn't taken very good care of before coming to me, but I plan to be the best cavvy slave I can be for him. I plan on rescuing a friend for him sometime in the future after I get him a nice, large, C&C cage built.

So far, zero health complications (besides some seriously sharp nails, though I know that comes with him being a baby still.) and I've been introducing him to some fresh fruits and veggies, per the feeding chart I found while lurking here a few days ago! c: His favorite foods so far have been strawberries and carrots, though he'll eat banana and nibble broccoli, he'll suck the half of a strawberry i'ved cube for him down in no time! Same goes for the carrots (but the strawberries always dissapear first!)

Sorry to ramble, but hi! c:

Last edited:
Welcome to the site! I'm a first time cavvy owner and this site has some AMAZING information. Would love to see some pictures of your new little boy. I got my little guy from a local pet store, but he was from a rescue in the area.

Also, I forgot to mention, His name is Calcifer and he is QUITE the cuddler! He loves to snuggle under my chin or against my cheek! He'll make tiny squeaking sounds, as if he's talking to me (i think it's called cooing?) but he has left me some wicked clawmarks from wherever my shirt didn't cover and some on my hands. He's no bigger than a mechanical pencilwhen he's sitting there, not stretched out. Anyways!

Here are some pigtures!

He is absolutely adorable!!!

Well hello there ^___^ I'm relatively new to guinea piggies too; I took in my oldest, Quee, from a friend in March when he moved away, and now I have three. lol The second, Kwee, came from Petsmart, as there were no rescues anywhere within hours of here, and we couldn't resist that face. And I just adopted Curly this past weekend, from an ad on Craigslist.

Welcome! Calcifer is adorable. :)

Well hello there ^___^ I'm relatively new to guinea piggies too; I took in my oldest, Quee, from a friend in March when he moved away, and now I have three. lol The second, Kwee, came from Petsmart, as there were no rescues anywhere within hours of here, and we couldn't resist that face. And I just adopted Curly this past weekend, from an ad on Craigslist.

Welcome! Calcifer is adorable. :)

Thank you for the welcome! c:

I know what you mean about not being able to resist a face! I hadn't even been looking for another guinea pig after losing my Jasper about six or so months ago! I was set on getting a hamster so I would (hopefully) not have to worry about going to college with a pet!

Through petfinder, thanks to a link on this site, I found a rescue that has some adorable piggies, but none that I could get at this moment, because of my cage being only big enough for my little calcifer at the moment. Soon, though!

awwh, while lurking I've seen you around an I've always loved the names you gave your piggies! c: what's the difference in pronounciation of Kwee and Quee?

awwh, while lurking I've seen you around an I've always loved the names you gave your piggies! c: what's the difference in pronounciation of Kwee and Quee?
No difference. lol It's pretty obvious which is which...in conversation, we usually refer to them as "big" and "little".

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.