Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hello all!

new piggie

Cavy Slave
Funny story:

The other day, I was on Facebook talking about the new baby guinea and a co-worker of mine linked to that link with all the Guinea Pig clothes on it. Someone here linked to it as well. At any rate, DH saw the link and responded, "It figures you would have already found the Guinea Gap!" :)

Gotta love it.

Guinea Gap! That is funny.

Wheek Weak

Cavy Slave
We've just gotten our 2nd guinea. He looks very similar to CharleyCharley. He's mostly brown, short-haired, has a ring of white around the face and down his nose. His name is Riley or Little Guy and we believe he is around 3 months old.
Where did you get Riley from? Both of your babies are adorable!

Welcome to GPC. It sounds like you're learning a lot from this site.

Keep reading and learning as much as you can. It's also a good idea to read as much medical information as possible on GuineaLynx. You never know when an illness, or emergency, will rear it's ugly head and it's always a good idea to be prepared for it. Now is the time to find a cavy saavy vet to have on hand.

Have fun with your little ones!

charliecharlie

Cavy Slave
Where did you get Riley from? Both of your babies are adorable!

Oh, Wheek Weak... Riley came from a pet store. :( My DH got him for us as a surprise since he knew we wanted another guinea friend for CharleyCharley--but he is not the one who reads this site and didn't know about adoption vs purchasing--especially since CharleyCharley was a pet store purchase that I made before I knew better!! That's the reason I don't know how old Riley is or anything. :( You can better believe he knows now. He still doesn't come to the site, but he knows now that we will NEVER purchase another pet from a pet store EVER. It's so weird, because all of our cats were either strays or adopted...but I digress.

At any rate, thanks for the welcome. I'm really enjoying it here. Our piggies are happier than ever and next weekend, we get to take Riley out of quarantine!! I'm so excited. He'll get to join CharleyCharley in the "big boy" c&c cage.