Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

UK hello all *waves*

jungleking

Cavy Slave
Thought me and my piggers would say hi. well just the one pig just now the other is to big and can't shrink the pic

cavy-cool-crazy

Cavy Slave
Hi and welcome to the forums! Your pig is gorgeous - what's his/her name?

jungleking

Cavy Slave
His name is Toffee. I will try and get a pic of Gumball when he is munching on some celery

cavy-cool-crazy

Cavy Slave
Cute! Whereabouts in UK are you? I'm in dull and dreary Northern Ireland!

jungleking

Cavy Slave
perth in scotland there in a big handmade cage about a metre square with a feeding shelf so the veg don't get mixed up in the wood shavings.

jungleking

Cavy Slave
just found a pic of gumball I had on my comp so here he is

jungleking

Cavy Slave
opps looks like it didn't appear

daftscotslass

Cavy Slave
I'm just down the motorway from you in Dunblane. Where did you get your piggies from? I just got a baby from a rescue in Perth.

cavy-cool-crazy

Cavy Slave
You don't rescue pigs from pet stores. You contribute to the serious overpopulation and mistreatment surrounding pet stores. You rescue from a rescue centre or shelter, not from a pet store or breeder. Sorry to sound harsh but it's true.

daftscotslass

Cavy Slave
cavy-cool-crazy said:
You don't rescue pigs from pet stores. You contribute to the serious overpopulation and mistreatment surrounding pet stores. You rescue from a rescue centre or shelter, not from a pet store or breeder. Sorry to sound harsh but it's true.

I agree. Especially since the largest private cavy rescue in Scotland is on your doorstep. She currently has almost 70 piggies in her care. If you need advice on adopting in future (buying at Pets at Home is not adopting!) please feel free to email me.

jungleking

Cavy Slave
Well I only just found out that there was a guinea pig re-homing centre I hapen to suffer from mild aggrophobia with public panic disorder and can't handle traveling much but I guess some people are just full of themselves and she not be telling people what to do Well considering that they where bought from a couple that were in the store that re-home guinea pigs. They were going to be giving the store there pigs because they were going out of buisness because of them. If people can't understand that then that is your problem don't make me feel bad for doing the right thing

daftscotslass

Cavy Slave
So you're saying you got them from someone who was giving them up to pets at home? I'm very confused.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
but I guess some people are just full of themselves and she not be telling people what to do
Whoa right there. Enough. That comment is uncalled for. I will tell you straight up that if you "buy" a pig at a petstore, it's not rescuing.

You didn't say you "adopted" the pigs from a couple, you said you "bought" them.

jungleking

Cavy Slave
yes I gave them how much they would of been sold for so you know where lost out on more money. If I wasn't having to deal with doing water changes on 3 tanks and answering questions one 2 of the fish forums I am on. Just half the time I get upset.

jungleking

Cavy Slave
well is donation a simple enough word then as I didn't steal them or take them for free

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Ok so you paid an adoption fee equal to what the store would have sold them for?

Also, @ is not a word. It's "at". Please make sure you spell words out and not use chat speak. I hope you read the link I gave you earlier. It's a must read on this forum.

jungleking

Cavy Slave
I just wrote the name the same as it is on the other forums I am on. I'm going to get an a pointment with the doc tomorrow as the meds must not be strong enough

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.