Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Blog Headed to the Vet- Raven and Joanie Sneezing

Blog entry from old forum

Kim37040

Cavy Slave
On Monday I heard Raven sneeze.
I have been weighing them every 2 days since I got them and she tends to fluctuate between 2.06 and 2.09 lbs. But her appetite has always been great so I wasn't worried.
But after the sneeze I started to keep a closer eye on her.

No red flags until today. But this morning I heard her sneeze again. She was eating her breakfast fine but I knew then I wanted to get her into the vet. I called and of course my vet is out of the office until Monday. And she is the new one. I don't want to take them to the vet I used to take Charlie to. But after I explained to the vet tech what was going on, she called my vet and she told me to bring them in tomorrow for the vet tech to weigh and she will mix up the same medicine they gave George last time. She did not want me to wait till Monday since pigs can take a turn so quickly.
Came home from work and I heard her sneeze again. While I was checking her out (wiping her nose and checking her eyes) Joanie sneezed.
My heart just sank. After losing Charlie, I go into such a panic about sneezing and wet noses.

I am taking off a few hours annual leave tomorrow morning so I can take them both in first thing.

I went ahead and changed the girls bedding. They are still very active and like any piggy love fresh fleece. Hopefully they will eat their dinner well. Both of them have not had any issues with their appetite. And are now eating their bell pepper like little champs.

Praying that I have caught whatever this is before it has gotten really bad. I have only had them 2 weeks tomorrow but I love these little ladies to pieces.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.