Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Play Hammocks/Swings

sarah0712

Cavy Slave
Thinking of getting a hammock for my piggies but heard that they don't like to climb much. Does anybody have one that their piggies use? Is it worth me getting one?

My pigs have a hammock. Keep this in mind- for some reason my girls just loved to use it as if it was a toilet. They pooed and peed in it an I had to wash it a lot. So I just removed it all together. But they loved it. My boys don't use it as a toilet but I don't see them using it too much just once in a while. If you decide to get one make sure it's a fleece once because if they do go potty you want it to wick through and not stay wet ( so they are not laying in their own pee and poo. I think it really depends on the pig and the type of hammock. Good luck.

if the hammock is not to high i think they will use the hammock. However it does sometimes depend on the guinea pig to whether they will use it or not.

I have a hammock for my girls and seem to love it. I clip a blanket or something above it so they have it as a place to hide. they don't always like to sleep out in the open although they do sometimes.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.