Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Hair Loss Hair loss on Rex Guinea Pig! Please help!

pinyu

Cavy Slave
Hi, i have been noticing hair loss on my guinea pig's back. She haven't have any weight loss and eating normally. their behaviour seem normal, there are no discharge from the nose or mouth. the white one's hairloss is worse than the brown one. i just noticed the brown one's not long ago.here are some pictures. please help me find out their condition. thanks a lot.
[GuineaPigCages.com] Hair loss on Rex Guinea Pig! Please help![GuineaPigCages.com] Hair loss on Rex Guinea Pig! Please help![GuineaPigCages.com] Hair loss on Rex Guinea Pig! Please help!

That looks like it could be a fungus. Read www.guinealynx.info/fungus.html for the directions on how to bathe them with anti-fungal shampoo. I don't know a whole lot about rexes, but they tend to have dry skin and hair, so you might want to investigate something like the Gorgeous Guineas products for managing their hair and skin on a long-term basis.

thanks for the reply! ^^ got some products from gorgeous guineas straight away.. waiting for it to be delivered.

Wow...That first one looks exactly like my Phoenix, even down to the ears o_O

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.