Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Grooming Hair Cut?

JJones

Cavy Slave
I have a long haired pig. I normally trim his hair but he is always wet and gets mats. He is always getting URI's and his hair being wet isn't going to help against that. I used to bathe him, but not since the weather has gotten cold.

Any tips on cutting his hair? Can I cut is short without it hurting or effecting him?

His hair is about 5-6 inches long.

I shave my long haired pigs with an electric hair trimmer. One of my pigs acts like trimming hair with scissors is torture; the trimmer was a life saver. Just make sure to keep little piggy parts away from the blades!

https://www.guineapigcages.com/threads/68526/

I too took my electric trimmers to Autumn. When I got her she was full of matts and wouldn't stand for me using scissors either. Plus some of her matts were so close to her skin that I was scared I would hurt her. But the electric trimmers just cut through it all and went fast too. Autumn just laid there while I cut her hair. No screaming or wiggling. She was perfect!! This is how I will do her hair from now on too.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.