Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Joy Had an Awwww moment

Murk21

Cavy Slave
My two 9 week old boys, Kevy and Templeton, haven't really been too thrilled about being handled thus far. It gets better every day, but unless they are in a towel, I'm lucky if they'll hold still on my lap for 5 seconds. Well this morning during floor time it felt like I had a huge breakthrough with Kevy. I seemed to have found his sweet spot (he loves his cheeks rubbed) and he actually laid in the crook of my arm for a good 10 minutes! It just made my heart sing. These are my first guinea pigs so I had to just share with others who appreciate the feeling... lol

Congrats on the breakthrough. I have had a few of those moments and they are wonderful, there will be more so keep up the good work.

Congrats! I'm still working on those moments with my girls. Although, I do kinda giggle when they run wheeking to their hidey when I pet them. It's kinda comical when I think of everything I do for them, and they think I'm the evil giant.

Congrats!:)
My pig's favorite place to be pet is behind the ears!
Try that one! Maybe you'll get the other piggy to do the same. :)

Yes, I'm still the "evil giant" too... (although a little less of an evil giant when I'm holding cilantro or green peppers). The other little guy is still being more stubborn. I'll try behind the ears with him. They are so funny and they definitely have different personalities. I will enjoy watching them grow :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.