Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

Canada Guniea Pig Pellets

• Thread starter valleygirl11093
  • Start date

valleygirl11093

Cavy Slave
Hi all,

I'm wondering what kind of pellets cavy owners in Ontario use and where they get them. I live in a small village so it would mean a trip to a bigger city. Any suggestions on good brands would be most helpful. thanks.

cinn&sprinslave

Cavy Slave
valleygirl11093 said:
Hi all,

I'm wondering what kind of pellets cavy owners in Ontario use and where they get them. I live in a small village so it would mean a trip to a bigger city. Any suggestions on good brands would be most helpful. thanks.
I don't live in Canada but Cavy Cuisine is vet reccomended and has vitamin C in it. It also has a 6 month shelf life... If you can't find it in a store you can order it online (at many places). There really isn't any other food that people reccomend here. I use Wagners Premium Guinea Pig Food, it took us a long time to find out if Wagners was an ok food. Wagners is very $$ saving, it is about $2.68 for a 5lb bag vs. $6.99 and up for a 5lb. of Cavy Cuisine. Sorry I couldn't be of more help but if you can find Wagners in the store or something then go for it!! I buy mine at Fred Meyer I have no idea if Canada has Fred Meyers or not but just wanted to tell ya!