Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Behavior Guinea Pigs Rarely Drinking Water

RoundPiggies

Cavy Slave
I have two guinea pigs and I've noticed how rarely they drink, almost to the point where there's either barely or no water gone from their water bottle each day. They do drink eventually, but it takes a very long time. This isn't out of the usual for them, it's been like this since I've had them. They are behaving perfectly normal and eating regularly. Despite this, I still worry that something may be wrong. Should I be concerned? If so, what can I do?

K4tr1n4

Cavy Slave
Do you give them a lot of veggies? Mb they are getting enough to drink from it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

guineaapigg

Cavy Slave
  1. I have two guinea pigs and I've noticed how rarely they drink, almost to the point where there's either barely or no water gone from their water bottle each day. They do drink eventually, but it takes a very long time. This isn't out of the usual for them, it's been like this since I've had them. They are behaving perfectly normal and eating regularly. Despite this, I still worry that something may be wrong. Should I be concerned? If so, what can I do?
When this happened to me, I just rinsed my vegetables in water so that they would indirectly drink the water from the vegetables.

RoundPiggies

Cavy Slave
Maybe? I feed them a diet of both pellets and veggies, and they get two cups of vegetables a day. I'm not quite sure that really constitutes as a lot of veggies though?

RoundPiggies

Cavy Slave
Thanks! I'll give this a shot.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.