Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Vet Costs Guinea pig raspy breathing?

wheekmau5

Cavy Slave
My guinea pig is making raspy noises when breathing. I am thinking of bringing her to the vet. Estimation of how much the visit will cost?

I think there might be water in her lungs because I was feeding her water and I squeezed it a little bit.

I think there might be water in her lungs because I was feeding her water and I squeezed it a little bit.

Why were you feeding her water? You have to be really careful anytime you hand feed because they can get pneumonia if they aspirate it into their lungs. Unless she's sick and not eating or drinking and you have to syringe feed, there's no need to give them water. Some guinea pigs drink very little water and get enough from the vegetables they eat. As far as cost, it varies by vet and by location so there's no general amount. The two vets I see charge very different rates. One is $31 for an office visit and the other is 60 something. But they're also different as far as tests and meds. If you suspect she has water in her lungs, I'd get her to the vet..

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.