Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General Guinea pig knowledge

bambi2023

Cavy Gazer
I have a guinea pig of my own I adopted from the humane society here and is 3 but never lived with another guinea pig. I have a lady come in and her husband picks up Charolette like nothing and she sits quietly while he holds her and his wife cuts Charolettes nails. I am slowly learning things with their cage and the food and hay they need and water nutrition ect... but when the lady comes they are so confident they know what to do they know about guinea pigs with one thing I am trying to do is have the knowledge and confident in knowing what is they best way to pick them up and hold them as well as when they aren't feeling great knowing what is happening and knowing what to do. I guess similar to what a small small animal rescue would do here where I lived. I want to make sure and give them they best I can and know how to pick them up being confident in it. I just really want to help these little guys but mostly make sure that my guinea pig has the best and someone who knows how to take care of them pick them up know what to do in regards to cages and living quarters and stuff but the past two days I have been thinking about it I get stuck because I dont know where to start or how to gain that knowledge and the confidence. If anyone has any ideas or advice if they could let me know.