Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Animal Welfare Guinea pig for adoption on Portland craigslist

stacy97006

Cavy Slave
This poor piggie is living in an aquarium with nothing in it but a casserole dish and water bottle. NO hay NO hideys. I feel horrible for it and I wish I could rescue it but my hubby would kill me (not really) if I brought another pet home. I have 3 cats 3 female pigs and 1 is due to give birth anytime and a dog. She is also asking $50 for it which is incredible and I couldnt afford at this time if I were to try and rescue him anyways!!!! I have the supplies for the C&C cage I always pick up cubes when I see them at goodwill. I usually can get 10-20 for under 5 bucks. It makes me so mad that people would have a pig living this way. Its torture and she should be giving that pig away for free!!!

[email protected]

(broken link removed)

Have you emailed her yet? I would try to give her the emails, links, or phone numbers to any local rescues. Sometimes craigslist owners will lower price if you say something about it's ridiculous price and/ or that thhe cage and supplies are unnecassary. =/ These pictures make me feel horrible

Okay this is what I emailed her..... hubby will get over it......

I can give your guinea pig an amazing home. I do not need any of the supplies that come with him. I currently have 3 girls in a 2 1/2 ft by 7 ft cage and he would be homed in a separate cage which would be 2 1/2 ft by 4 ft. Is there anyway you would part with just the guinea pig? The aquarium he is in now is far too small for him. I can pay alittle as I would be using my money to build him his new larger cage.

My cages are C&C

I just saw this one today on my daily guinea pig search :( I am looking for a female friend for my Frapps, but this guy's pictures made me cringe! :ashamed:

How can anyone think that is okay to put a guinea pig in that! I sure hope she let's you take him.

Omg that is so sad! He has nothing! Poor guy, hope you can convince her to let you take it.

That poor, poor piggy! I hope she gives him to you. That aquarium makes him look like he's in a solitary confinement prison cell. Great lesson to teach her kids: when you lose interest in something, ditch it. Much, much better for the piggy that he's getting out of there, though.

Did you hear back from her? I'm hoping this has a happy ending for the guinea pig.

Nope nothing yet unfortunatly :(

That is terrible!! I hope you hear back from her soon!!

Nope nothing yet unfortunatly :(
I got a reply from her. The pig is still available, if you want him I can either pick him up or pass all the information on to you so that you can go get him. I can foster him for a few days if you need time to make room, too. I live in West Linn but work in Beaverton, so working out a place to meet shouldn't be difficult, just let me know. I'd be happy to help get him to you, one way or another.

If you can get him I can meet you anytime. I live just outside Beaverton in Aloha :) Just let me know when and where. Thanks so much!! I already have the cage made I just need to cut the coroplast :)

Okay, she wants $10 for him, is that acceptable to you? I think it's fine, but wanted to ask you. :) I will email you when I have a firm pick up date set.

Yeay, I'm glad the piggy is going to have a happy ending. Take some pictures!

You guys are great for rescuing that poor piggy! I notice she changed her ad to include the following:

"FYI....I know his tank is too small for him it was fine when he was smaller but he is too big for it now. Also he gets taken out to to roam the grass with supervision and doesn't stay all day in the tank, so please don't judge or be rude and send nasty emails."

Yeah, I'll bet not all day, just 23 1/2 hours. Go glad he's going to have a happy ending.

Im picking him up tomorrow afternoon!!!

I just saw this one today on my daily guinea pig search :( I am looking for a female friend for my Frapps, but this guy's pictures made me cringe! :ashamed:

Hello,

I'm new to this forum but I couldn't help but mention that, since you're looking for a friend for Frapps, I know of someone looking for homes for 4 pigs. I'm a technician at Southwest Animal Hospital and one of our clients needs to re-home 4 piggies. I'm not sure of the genders on these kids but they have 3 that are about 5 months old (a Teddy Bear, an American and a Peruvian) and a 2-3 year old Aby. If you're interested, please contact the clinic email at [email protected] and I can give you the phone number of the people trying to find them homes.

Brandy

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.