Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Injury Guinea pig bitten on hand and now white spots (like acne) on hand

Khodam

Cavy Slave
Hi everybody,

Sorry to be absent for a long time. After a fight 3-4 months ago, I separated them for about 2-3 months, and introduced them again, and everything went fine. They lived in 3 floor cage (now 2 floors unfortunately), nice and big, and not fighting (well a little is fine). Please see their pictures below:
[GuineaPigCages.com] Guinea pig bitten on hand and now white spots (like acne) on hand[GuineaPigCages.com] Guinea pig bitten on hand and now white spots (like acne) on hand[GuineaPigCages.com] Guinea pig bitten on hand and now white spots (like acne) on hand[GuineaPigCages.com] Guinea pig bitten on hand and now white spots (like acne) on hand
So everything was good until suddenly Kopol bite Brownie's hand. Now they are separated from time to time when they are hostile to each other. I want to ask a question here. The bitten hand of Brownie looks like the picture below (after 2 days). Is it infected? Should I take him to a vet (on Monday)? I treated the wound in the first day with some 40% alcohol (Grappa) since I didn't have anything else at home at that moment, and the hand was bleeding. Now the left fore hand is a little bit swollen and there are these two white spots like acne. I cleaned them today with betadine and some of the white content came out (again like an acne).
[GuineaPigCages.com] Guinea pig bitten on hand and now white spots (like acne) on hand
Thank you for helping me keeping him healthy. I will be happy to have your comments.

Pus forms due to an infection. It's dead skin cells,bacteria, white blood cells. The white "acne" type bumps are pus.

I'd take him to a vet.

It looks like an infection to me. If left untreated it could lead to Blood Poisoning. I would take him to a vet as well. Please keep us informed!

Thanks for the fast response friends! I should wait until Monday for vet to open, or do you suggest to go for an emergency tomorrow? I am in Lausanne, Switzerland. It is not a big city, I only know one vet here...

If you can, I would try to get to an emergency vet.

Hi,

I just arrived from veteran, and he said it might be a minor infection. We started the treatment with antibiotics. He said everything should go fine in 2-3 days, but if not then an x-ray might be needed.

Now he looks fine, he is eating dress grass right now!
Cheers!

Glad he's doing okay! Thank you for taking him to the vet!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.