Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Guinea Pig "Beans" the Latest Dog Treats!!

Slave to the Wheek

Cavy Slave
I wonder if I never need to purchase BeneBac for my dog, is because his most favorite treat in the whole wide world is Piggie Poo. He gets "dibs" whenever I clean cages and I never have to crawl under anything after floor time or vacuum to clean up poo!! He keeps the patio poo free too!

I'm tempted to fill my treat bag with them when we go to doggie class. Although I'm not quite sure how I would explain them to the other dog owners, whom I sure would totally gross out!

"What? Oh these? Um..they are All Natural 100% Organic ..err..uh..Organically processed timothy hay and vegetables...I .uhmm.....make them myself. I call them umm...Treat Beans"

I guess it wouldn't be any worse than this
(broken link removed)

BubuCandyBlue

Cavy Slave
Uff, there are so many things in this world that many don't know about. I could share so many you'd be surprised. You find that weird? Trust me I've seen worse hehe.
I would mention one thing I find weird since I moved into the US. I buy dandelion in store for my boys. And people eat it too. That was a shock to me, because in my mother country no human would touch dandelion. You find it everywhere between the grass, and of course you pick it, not buy it for the piggies : ).
And your dog ain't weird at all, because back at home, with my first piggie, my dad used to spread the shavings with the poo in the big yard we had (excellent natural fertilizer), and guess what my dog did? He ate the poo too! I guess you all guys know dogs and cats need grass too, from time to time, prevents tummy akes, gives them a better digestion and all, intestins are healthier. So if piggies eat all green things, why not dogs eat the recycled food? Even piggies themselves eat the poo and redigest it once more.
All I can say is I feel bad for you not having natural fertilizer for plants/grass, but I envy you for having such a great "poo cleaner fan" hehe.

misspiggy&piper

Cavy Slave
They have ads selling piggie poo on EBay. I was shocked when I saw it last night! The part about feeding them to dogs didn't shock me, but the person selling them went on to say that you could trick your friends with them. Fine by me. But this line is what got me: "We like to fill up a cereal bowl with poos and give them to my vision-challenged grandpa instead of his real daily bowl of cereal!" I really hope these people were joking!!!!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.