Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Bonding Guinea Pig Attention Span

IluvBUTTERS

Cavy Slave
Abut how long is a piggies atention span? How long do you have to give it some? And how long do u give it too much attention?

Most pigs have a way of telling you when they don't want to be held anymore, it doesn't really have anything to do with attention span, only personality. Some pigs, like my Fus LOVE to be held, and if I had a built in food dish, water bottle, hay rack, and veggie plate, she would be totally happy to just live on my lap. Godric on the other hand, will like being held at first, but after a while she will start walking around looking for a way to get off, so I know she is done with lap time. Ro Dah will start wheeking at the top of her lungs when she has had enough of floor time. Phoenix would stop eating the treats I gave her when she was done. It depends on the pigs, so some don't even want to have lap time at all (Though some is still good for them so they should still have it) Some pigs only like about five minuets of it, and some could live on your lap forever, so it really depends on the pig.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.