Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Behavior Guinea pig acting strange lately

fbartel

Cavy Slave
I got my first guinea pig Camila in December, and then I got Mariana the beginning of January. They thankfully were both not too difficult to "tame" and now seem pretty comfortable around me. However, these past few days, Camila has been acting a bit strange, and she seems a lot more skiddish lately. Before, when I would try to pet her, she would enjoy it and even purr sometimes, but now she seems to shake and run away more often. She is still eating and drinking fine, running laps around the cage, and I haven't noticed anything odd in her droppings. Me petting her also doesn't seem like it hurts her, she just generally avoids it. I'm wondering if anyone might know what could've caused this change? These past few days have also been really successful in getting Mariana to trust me since she was always way more prone to getting spooked by my movements, so could Camila be jealous? She is the older one and thus the dominant female, so this could make sense. However, her and Mariana get along fine from what I've noticed, and I've never seen Camila act aggressive towards her for my attention, so I'm really not sure what is going on, or if it's simply nothing. Any help is greatly appreciated!

PiggyGrandma15

Cavy Slave
I am absolutely no expert, but from what I've read on here, my first gut thought is mites.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.