Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General grooming

• Thread starter JessicaSayzRawr
  • Start date

JessicaSayzRawr

Cavy Slave
I need to know if anyone in PA knows any cheap groomers for the guineapigs.

its quite easy to do yourself ^^

I don't know how along with the fear of hurting them...D:

You can't be scared. If you accidentally clip the quick of their nail it isn't the end of the world. Just glob on some blood clotting powder. Shine a flashlight through any darker nails to make sure you know where the blood vessel is.

Paying for their nails to be trimmed 1-2 times a month is a huge financial waste.

What else can be used as a blood stopper because I don't have any of that store bought stuff..

Corn starch. It's like, 2 dollars for a giant box at the groceries.

What else can be used as a blood stopper because I don't have any of that store bought stuff..
Never tried it myself, but I've read corn starch and flour are effective and safe.

I guess I will try this with my boy first since the mum is tending to her babies...:eek:

when you say "grooming" what else did you mean besides nail trimming? it's scary in the beginning, but once you've done it a couple of times, it'll be fine. doing it with another person is MUCH easier. if there's someone to hold the pig, you can focus on clipping the nails - quick is best, and just a little tip at first. if you absolutely can't do it yourself, you might want to check into a local petstore (one that DOESN'T sell animals). they sometimes have groomers on site that will trim cat's nails, and they might agree to trim your pigs for less than the vet would.

I know like pets Mary and pet go but I don't know of any pet store that would possible Help

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.