Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Greetings from Sunny Florida

MomofTwoBugs

Cavy Slave
Hello! I am Brandy. I am a homeschooling mom to two children and we are adopting our first two guinea pigs soon. We also have 2 dogs, 7 sugar gliders, and 8 fish. I look forward to learning as much as I can about them.

Welcome! Just curious, which two are the "bugs?"

Welcome! I am glad you are learning about Pigs before adoptiong them:) They are a lot of work and require a lot of time, but they are so rewarding to have!

Hi, nice to meet you, wow sounds like you have a house full. Are sugar gliders hard to take care of? Do they bond with their owners? just curious. I've seen sugar gliders and they are adorable, but I always figured they would be really hard to take care of. I had 2 ferrets as a kid and they were a lot of work, which I dont mind because I love animals but I wouldn't do it now until I had a free room in the house for them to be in. Cause honestly I think that would be the easiest route to deal with them. And they'll be happier with the amount of space they would have instead only being out a few hours of the day then stuck back cage the rest. My little girls ended up taking over my room. Do you keep your sugar gliders in a room or in a huge cage, I thinkI heard they need enough room to glide, but I'm not sure. I hope to see pictures of your piggies when you get them, you'll really enjoy them. Once they settle in and get use to you they are very fun. I love how mine 'talks' the whole time when I pet and/or hold her and squeals most of the time when I offer her treats.

Sugar Gliders are a lot of work, but they are so worth it. They each have unique personalities and they do bond to their owners. Mine are in one huge cage and I let them out in the evening into a tent for play time. I'm finding that they have some similarities to the guinea pigs which will make it easier on me. The main thing with us is that my kids can't handle the gliders really so we wanted to have pets that they could interact with.

My piggies have joined our family. We've had them for a few days and I've spent the last 2 days building them a large cage. They are so much happier than they were in their pet store cage.

Introducing Peaches and Pebbles -

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.