Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Greetings and Salutations!

SpicyBoys

Cavy Slave
I have recently picked up a large C & C cage for my new boys and found this forum in the process. The boys are Picante a short hair red/golden boar a little over a year and half old and his son Caliente about 8 months old. The rescue told me that the kids had sworn to their parents that Caliente's mom and dad had never been together. So I guess he and his sister have mysterious beginnings (yeah, right).

I am still figuring out how to put the cage together and be able to move it or remove the chloroplast for cleaning. In the meantime the boys are in a temporary, less spacious home. Tips would be appreciated! Also, I've noticed a lot of people use fleece instead of bedding - what's the best thing to put under the fleece to absorb moisture?

Thanks!

Diana

Ps. Picante is the boy with a white stripe.

Cute piggies and welcome! I use U-haul pads under my fleece ($8 and they work great!) Here's a great thread to read about fleece - https://www.guineapigcages.com/threads/21568/

Putting the cage together can be troublesome...I don't remove my coroplast to clean it. It's on a table and I use a step stool to spray the vinegar/water solution and wipe before laying new fleece. But if you have specific questions about the process, this is a great place to ask/read. Good luck!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.