Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Great idea for a floor time area.

sonicsink

Cavy Slave
I don't know if anyone has posted this idea yet, but the other day I was at Wal-Mart and all their summer stuff is on clearance. I spotted this pop-up pool marked down to 10$ from $26.95

https://i9.ebayimg.com/05/i/001/33/4c/9dd3_1_sbl.JPG
(broken link removed)

I have been looking for something to keep them contained in when they are on the floor and when I saw this I thought it was perfect. It keeps them contained, it's plastic so a quick wipe and its all clean, and best of all, it just folds right up when we're done with it and stores away in it's own bag. Heck it could fit in a drawer, it folds up so nicely. The rim doesn't stay as nicely rounded as in the picture because there isn't any water in it, but it does the job. I'm so happy with it and most of all my pigs are thrilled :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Fraggle's Mom

Cavy Slave
Hey, I like this idea... much faster to set up then my shower curtain/fleece/grid with cables ties "playpen!" hehe
Thanks!

OurPiggiesRock

Cavy Slave
This is excellent! Thank you! I've been trying to come up with something easy to set up for floor time!! Thanks so much! :)

luvmycavies

Cavy Slave
I too am looking for something easier to set up fpr floortime......I am wondering how big this is though? Currently my girls have an area that is equivalent to 5X4.

fieryone

Cavy Slave
Hey, I like this idea... much faster to set up then my shower curtain/fleece/grid with cables ties "playpen!" hehe
Thanks!

No kidding! Mine is such a pain that it's basically a mainstay in the dining room, which I'm sure thrills my husband to no end! lol I'm going to have to pop into Wal Mart on my lunch break and have a look around.

sonicsink

Cavy Slave
The pool I got is 4 feet wide all around. There are also 5 foot pools, I didn't see any of those though.

I also figured out last night to use 2 step stool hidey houses to hold up the sides so they are higher.

It's not perfect looking but it works amazing. It look about 8 big blows to get the rim inflated, and taking it down took all of 2 minutes.

Here is my Juniper enjoying some floor time:

JuniperPool.jpg

Ibbet

Cavy Slave
I let Hippie have floor time in the living room and hallway but this would be a great if you don't have the option to do so. It would also be good if you were traveling with them and were say staying in a hotel or at a friends house or whatever and wanted them to have floor time still. Nice.

Holly&Fred

Cavy Slave
Wow. This is exactly what I was looking for! My old system was neither time efficient nor secure (I almost had a break-out after just one floor time session) and I've been researching and looking around for something that would work a little better. The only thing I don't have that's in your picture is the spare carpeting for the inside. Is this definitely recommended or do you think it'll do fine without it?

Thanks!

sonicsink

Cavy Slave
Just bumping this up to see if anyone ended up finding/buying a pool and trying it out?

Holly&Fred, that's just an old towel, not carpeting. It's easy to just throw it in the wash when they are done.

rogersmithiii

Cavy Slave
One question.

If your cage is as big as this pool, do you need to do floortime?

Thanks
Rog

GizzyandMe

Cavy Slave
If your cage is as big as this pool, do you need to do floortime?

Hey Rog I think its all about a change in what they see and get to experience. Also while Gizzy was living in her cage (she is free range now that we live alone) she would love free time and run up an down and just popcorn like nuts.

Besides it being good for them, its fun for them and you! lol

GuineaPigMum

Cavy Slave
Thank you sou much for this idea, I will definitely check it out! It seems as if a awesome way to contain the Cavys while play time.

LuLu the Guinea

Cavy Slave
Thanks so much! I don't have any rooms where my piggies can't get under or into things. So I am definitely going to try this!

sdpiggylvr

Cavy Slave
What a great idea! I will definitely use that as my pigs are always making a mess during floor time and I frankly do not want to spend the time cleaning it up. :D So thank you very much for this idea.

New Guinea Mom

Cavy Slave
I put my boys in my kitchen. I use one of those tiny playpen fences, the one where every metal panel is a different color of the rainbow, anyway, I use that as the fence to keep them in the kitchen area. I just lay out some fleece on the floor, and put beds, hay, water, veggies and toys in with them. I leave them there for several hours to do as they wish.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.