Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fresh Food Grass?

M.and.F.Piggies

Cavy Slave
Here's my question, does grass count as part of piggies veg or hay ration ? If it counts as part of their veg then I probably need to cut back on the other veg, but if you can treat it like hay then we're fine, and I'll have some VERY happy piggies Right now they are getting a good big handful of grass each morning and then their normal veg in the evening. I started then off on a small amount of grass and slowly built it up so as not to upset their tummies. They are only about 6 months old, and I'm working on the principle that they are still growing girls Am I doing the right thing?

I would say that is brilliant!! I don't think of grass as a veggies as such, when mine have been outside in the run all day (stuffing their porky faces with grass!), i still give them veggies. If they are happy and healthy, and no upset tummies, then i would say you are doing a great job :)

I use grass as a treat to enhance floor time. I have Pet Greens, which I always bought in the past as fresh cat grass. Now I discovered that Mufasa loves it, so he gets to chomp on it during part of his time outside the cage each day. I consider it more of a supplement to his diet, not really on a par with his pellets, hay, and vegs.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.