Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Photos Gotta show off my new little Darlings

PopePopsicleIV

Cavy Slave
Yesterday I went to get my new babies from a back room in PetSmart where they were being kept because they had inner ear infections, and now have physical problems because of it. The white one, Pignatius has a crooked head, and Pigson the brown and black has an equalibrium imbalance and falls a lot, the poor dears!They're all healthy now, though, and happy to be in their new home!
Here are some pictures I shot quick of them both; Pignatius Thistlewhite and Pigson Ablanket

[GuineaPigCages.com] Gotta show off my new little Darlings Exploring their new home

[GuineaPigCages.com] Gotta show off my new little Darlings Pignatius says "get out of my house little, man! Make way for the big guy in charge!"

[GuineaPigCages.com] Gotta show off my new little DarlingsPigson Ablanket, too excited to be photogenic

[GuineaPigCages.com] Gotta show off my new little DarlingsPignatius, hiding, surveying quietly from the inside....

Pigson is Really lively and outright curious, doesn't let anything get in the way of exploration; he's much smaller than Pignatius so I think he's younger.
Pignatius is the man of the Manor, He's still getting used to the place I think, So far he's very calm, patient with the little one, and doesn't like to be watched!

Poor things! I'm so glad they have a wonderful home now. They're absolutely adorable. I love their names.

They are adorable. So glad you took them in

I'd get them back to the vet. Head tilt is often a sign of an inner ear infection. They might still be ill. I'd recommend you take them to a vet that specialized in small exotics with a lot of guinea pig experience.

Thanks everyone :D They ARE super cute, and Pignatius is starting to become more outgoing, slowly but surely!
And Pinky, He used to have an inner ear infection, thats why his head is tilted, he's all cured now, and thats why they were up for adoption. But the head tilt is a result of that not being taken care of soon enough and so is Pigson's habit of falling over easily, as I was told. I am, though, going to take them for a check up of sorts just to double check, but neither seems to be in pain, they're both happy, eating, drinking, and going to the bathroom like normal piggies so far :]

Poor things, I am happy they are better and in a good home!

Oh gracious me too! When I heard about them and thought about how normally people who are going to pet stores to buy a pig, they do it for their kids, I imagined them thinking that these two cuties weren't well enough to be handled by little kids my heart broke. I didn't want them to live in that back room anymore! Just because they're different doesn't mean they deserve less love! I'm so happy I have them now <3

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.