Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Goodbye Stephen, the greatest piggie and friend I'll ever have

Catayn

Cavy Slave
Stephen became significantly worse today. When he laid down on his side, I knew there was nohing else I could do.
I took him in my arms and comforted him as much as I could.
It was fast and he didn't seem to suffer at least.

Goodbye Stephen, my big boy... Mommy has just kissed you one last time, but I will love you forever.

For everyone who knows me, it was more then clear that Stephen was one of the most importanto things in my life.
While he was in my arms I couldn't help but thinking about everything he's taught me and everything we've lived together.

Like when his brother got sick and he would take veggies to his cage.

Like the way he would cuddle in my hair or in my blanket.

How he taught me to eat veggies. We always shared them.

How beautiful he was when he was sleeping.

How he could have the cutest butt ever!

His little piggie kisses when I came home. They were always there for me, whenever I wanted.

How he would completely relax when I scratched his ears.

How it would be hell to clean his poop shoes.

I remember when he broke his teeth and I was beyond terrified and he seemed not to care at all.

When Rasputin scratched his nose and how desperate I was.

His first bath and how much he hated it.

The way he would daydream by the water bottle.

The way he yawned.

Everything about you was perfect my baby, absolutely perfect.
You were MY big boy.
Still can't believe you're gone. I just can't And I don't know when I'm going to be able to.

Goodbye Stephen, the greatest piggie and friend I'll ever have

"I've never knew what it was to be alone, no
Cause you were always there for me
You were always there waiting
But now I come home and it's not the same, no
It feels empty and alone
I can't believe you're gone"
(Alter Bridge - In Loving Memory)

I'm so sorry for you loss. My newly rescued dog is going through cancer right now. Has a few more months. It's so hard losing a pet.
My condolences to you.

RIP sweet guinea <3

Catayn, I'm so sorry. You struggled so much with him when he was a baby, and then to lose him this way so soon is just too much.

I'm so sorry but now you have a special angel. <3 you are an awesome piggy mom and you both were lucky to have each other.

I'm so sorry about Stephen. I've been through that pain many times, and every time it happened it broke my soul a little. When Speedy Puff (my rabbit- I know it's a weird name but I got her when I was eight) died, all I could do was cry, and cry, and cry. For weeks afterward, I would go to her cage and wonder where he is, only to suddenly remember that he had left this world. Speedy Puff's sisters (they weren't really sisters, but they had lived together their whole lives) were still there, and they helped me get through the loss (having a little furry ball of awesome on your lap generally makes you feel better), but I never completely got over it. The little guys have a way of stealing your heart, don't they?

Again, I'm so sorry for your loss of Stephen, I'm sure he's frolicking with all the other piggies that crossed the rainbow bridge.

Thank you all guys. It's so comforting to know that I can find people who understand how I feel.
If I tell anyone they will just say it was just a piggie or "get another one". I can't take that.
After I was a little calmer, my husband gave me my computer and told me to go to my forums and share my feelings. "Go get support from people who can do it" he said, that's how much he knows me. He is also suffering a lot.

Stephen was truly special and we've been through a lot together. He will never be forgotten.

I just lost my piggie a couple weeks ago. It was tough! It still is. I miss him greeting me everyday. I miss him begging for food every time someone walked by his cage. I miss his little squeaks. I hope you can find comfort at this time.

I am so sorry you lost your sweet big boy. He was beautiful on the inside and outside.

Your "Goodbye Poem" was really special, I loved how you celebrated "who he was" and what he meant to you, like that. I am so very sorry for your heart-breaking loss.

I'm so sorry for your loss. If I remember correctly, I think Stephen was your first pig, right? Losing that special first is always tough. My thoughts are with you and yours.

I'm REALLLLLYYYYYYY SSOOOOOORRRRRRYYYYYYY for your loss. i know how much they mean to us piggie parents. I would just be crushed if something ever happened to my little Pumpkin.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.