Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Goodbye, Nikki, my love.

Nikkipig

Cavy Slave
It breaks my heart to announce that Nikki - the precious girl that inspired my username - has crossed the Rainbow Bridge at the age of 6.5 years. I always had a false sense of hope that she'd live forever, or at least an exceptionally long time for a guinea pig. But, life doesn't always work the way we want it to. I have suffered many losses this year. The loss of one of the family's dogs, a near loss of another dog, the sudden death of my mom, and now the passing of dear Nikki.

Nikki was genetically prone to reoccurring bladder stones and heart problems, and while it was managed for a while, eventually, things got to be too much, too severe, too painful, and then I knew it was "time". I cried while holding her in my arms one final time, and even my boyfriend's eyes began to water a little. Nikki was his favorite pig. It feels wrong without her here, so very wrong. She was my elderly pig, such a unique and wonderful little one.

attachment.php

"A million times we've needed you,
A million times we've cried.
If love alone could have saved you,
You never would have died.

In life I loved you dearly,
In death I love you still.
In my heart you hold a place,
That no one could ever fill.

It broke my heart to loose you,
But you didn’t go alone.
For part of me went with you,
The day God took you home."

R.I.P. Nikki, in my care from 07-16-2011 --> 08-04-2017.

CavyTV

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry you lost Nikki, the two dogs, and your mother. I know it must be very hard, and I'm so sorry you have to go through it. Nikki was a beautiful girl, and considering she lived to almost 7 years old is amazing. You must have taken extremely good care of her despite her reoccurring bladder stones and heart problems. Hang in there my friend. Nikki is over the Rainbow Bridge now, happily eating all of her favorite veggies and fruits, wheeking and squeaking to her heart's content, and playing with all of her new piggie friends :) You did your best and you gave her all your love. Nothing lasts in this world, no matter how much we want it to. Eventually, we have to let things go; it's hard and heartbreaking but we know we will always keep our loved ones in our heart. Always :love:

Rest in Peace, Nikki. Sweet Dreams :love:

frotoandsam

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry for your loss. She was a beautiful guinea pig.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry for your losses.

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
You've had enough heartbreak, [MENTION=18967]Nikkipig[/MENTION] .

Rest in peace, Nikki. There is no more pain and suffering at the Rainbow Bridge, only great greens to eat and new friends. I so wish this had gone another way.

I am so very sorry for all you've lost in such a short time. My thoughts and my herds wheeks and grumbles are with you.

Guinea2002

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
At Least Your loved Nikki is now in a better place with no pain or suffering

Nikkipig

Cavy Slave
Thank you all so very, very much for the kind words of support. They are much needed in this time. :love:

spy9doc

Cavy Slave
Fly free over the Rainbow Bridge, Nikki! :love: Sparky & Chip send wheeks of comfort and support.

Nikkipig

Cavy Slave
Bumping this thread only because Nikki's urn came today and I'm in love with it. The herd is finally reunited. :love:
IMG 20170908 203023 IMG 20170908 203453

spy9doc

Cavy Slave
Bumping this thread only because Nikki's urn came today and I'm in love with it. The herd is finally reunited. :love:

What a nice remembrance! I'm sure that Nikki would approve.

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Beautiful, Nikki. A fitting memorial to your precious girl.