Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Goodbye my beloved Billy.

KjerstiMoo

Cavy Slave
billy.jpg

Billy was put to sleep today. He's been struggling diabetes, and the last week it all went to ** in a handbasket. He wouldn't eat, he couldn't stand upright anymore, he couldn't even wag his tail.
We thought he would pull through, we prayed he would be fine again, but he didn't respond to the meds. I know the only humane thing was to put him down, and he would probably have gone within a week or two anyway, but I am so so heartbroken. I grew up with this guy, he was the sweetest, gentlest, funniest and most loveable dog there ever was. No one will ever come close.
Goodbye Billy, I hope you're in a better place now and I pray you know how loved you were :love:. I love you, and will always remember you. I'm hugging you real tight right now, I hope you feel it.

Sorry.. I can't see what I'm typing right now. But I wanted you to know why I might be a bit absent the next few days.

cavy-cool-crazy

Cavy Slave
I am so sorry, KjM. I know how it feels to lose an animal you have grown up with. It's so hard to get to grips with a life which doesn't involve someone so loved when you've not really known any other way. It does get easier, over time. It may always hurt to think of your beloved Billy, but you learn to live with the happy memories and you "ignore" the pain. You will learn to smile about him again soon.

Thinking of you at this difficult time. xx

PiggieMom

Cavy Slave
:hug: I'm so sorry for your loss. He looked like a sweety. We're all here for you, and I know that he's in a better place. RIP Billy.

nonamian_girl

Cavy Slave
Oh no... I am so sorry for your loss Kjersti. He was a very sweet looking dog.

fourbwabbys

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry Kjersti. He was such a beautiful dog. Time heals. :grouphug:

oceanglow530

Cavy Slave
I am so sorry. I just got a dog, but my gp died bit ago. I am heartbroken for you right now. i will give billy a hug also, even though i never met him.
i love you billy.:love:

Cavy_FREAK2006

Cavy Slave
Oh, I to am Hart brokin, I To once had a dog, Mitsy. I Female picanees...
How I loved her so (tho she was not mine. She was my Dads...) And I Cryed so much every night hopeing she would come back, and Every time, I Knew I Would never see her again. I Am sorry if i am makeing you sad. I Feel your pain. :love: groop hug! :grouphug: :tombstone May all our deseced pets R.I.P (Rest In Peace)

KjerstiMoo

Cavy Slave
Thank you, everyone. We of all people know how much it hurts to loose a furry friend.
And Cavy freak, you're not making me sad, you're calling it pretty much how it is.

Marlania

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry about your loss. Billy was so adorable. Run free at the bridge, Billy.

suzilovespiggie

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
I am so sorry over the loss of your dear Billy. 2 months ago I had to put down a dog I had for 12 years. She was my baby. It is such a hard thing to do. I cried my heart out also. We promise our animals our love, and loyalty until death. We also promise them no pain if we can help it. As much as it hurts us it is the best for them. Part of our loving them is to not let them suffer. You did what was best for Billy. Keep him always in your heart and love him forever. Remember the good. My little Penny was an escape artist. Her nickname was Houdini. I and my neighbors have many a chuckle over her escapades. That's what I hold in my heart.
RIP Billy. Go find Penny and have a good time over the rainbow bridge.

KjerstiMoo

Cavy Slave
Suzi, thank you for sharing your story. I'm so sorry you lost your Penny too, but we'll always remember them and have a special place for them in our hearts.