Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General Goodbye Curia, You Wonderful Rabbit You.

Rayvn

Cavy Slave
Today I lost a very special friend. It was 9 o'clock this morning. I had put the rabbits in the outdoor pen for some exercise (it has a top), and when I came back at 12 o'clock, I found that something had dug under the pen and gotten in. There was fur everywhere.

I broke down. I had Curia since I was nine years old. This couldn't be happening. I was just having a bad dream. When I managed to pull myself together, I picked up Curia's body and buried her. It was all my fault. I should have made the pen more secure, or stayed with them while they were outside, but I didn't, and now she's gone and there's nothing I can do about it.

I'll miss you, Curia. You were a wonderful rabbit. You would hop over to me, and I'll rub your ears and say hello. We would eat salad together everyday. I would pick you up, and pet you, and you'd lick me and snuggle up. You'd fall asleep on my lap, and I'd have to sit there for a while as not to wake you up. You were the best pet I could ask for. And now you're gone.

Rest in piece, Curia. I hope you're happy across the rainbow bridge with Speedy Puff.

Last edited:
So sorry for your loss. :(

I am really sorry about your loss. I am also a rabbit owner and I lost my first rabbit I had since I was eight in April. He died because he indiegested some of his fur and his body could not process it. I was as devastated as you and cried for the whole night. Nothing will ever make me forget him. Now I have a new bunny who looks just like him. I am really sorry for you loss, I've had the same experience. :(

I am so very sorry for your loss. It's so hard to lose an old friend, my thoughts are with you. Try not to beat yourself up over what you could/should/would have done, and instead cherish the memories of your bunny.

Friend, please don't mourn for me
I'm still here, though you don't see.
I'm right by your side each night and day
and within your heart I long to stay.

My body is gone but I'm always near.
I'm everything you feel, see or hear.
My spirit is free, but I'll never depart
as long as you keep me alive in your heart.

I'll never wander out of your sight-
I'm the brightest star on a summer night.
I'll never be beyond your reach-
I'm the warm moist sand when you're at the beach.

I'm the colorful leaves when fall comes around
and the pure white snow that blankets the ground.
I'm the beautiful flowers of which you're so fond,
The clear cool water in a quiet pond.

I'm the first bright blossom you'll see in the spring,
The first warm raindrop that April will bring.
I'm the first ray of light when the sun starts to shine,
and you'll see that the face in the moon is mine.

When you start thinking there's no one to love you,
you can talk to me through the Lord above you.
I'll whisper my answer through the leaves on the trees,
and you'll feel my presence in the soft summer breeze.

I'm the hot salty tears that flow when you weep
and the beautiful dreams that come while you sleep.
I'm the smile you see on a baby's face.
Just look for me, friend, I'm everyplace!
Author Unknown

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.