Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Sounds Good or bad? Translations please!!!

rubypig

Cavy Slave
Hi all My piggy made new noises today I want to understand, can anyone translate please?

There was a pur low pitch I'm guessing meant stay away from her at that time, she did that once.

I rubbed her between her shoulder blades and she kept doing this very high pitched whoop-whoop sound and other high pitched sounds like she was singing. A good I hope. I think she liked it right? She then put her head up to sniff my hand but I got scared like she may nip me and pulled away. Was she saying enough then?

The other nose was I was spot cleaning and fixing her fleece, she started to follow my hand and do this other high pitched whoop whoop, good thing? Is she happy?

She chattered her teeth this morning once but I wasn't near her so can it mean anything apart for angry?

Thanks BPatters for that link, It's a really wonderful comprehensive block of sound information and worded explanations... I didn't realise I had such a happy piggy :cheerful: !!

it's a pity that the Fred link doesn't go to Freds sound but into a whole lot of marketing, maybe I got it all wrong but I surfed around clicking on Fred's link and just getting other links to unrelated stuff continuously...

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.