Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Treats Good Chews?

BlueButterfly

Cavy Slave
Are there any good guinea pig chews or chew sticks out there? I've tried a ton of chew things, apple tree sticks, chew sticks that come with hay, bird toys, chewable houses... But I either find out they're unhealthy or they completely ignore them. I know they have to chew on stuff constantly or their teeth get overgrown. Besides, when she doesn't have something to chew on Harmony chews on the bars of her cage, which is super annoying. Can anyone suggest some good chews?

Does she have unlimited hay?

They usually get hay three times a day, or so. Depending on how much they eat a day.

My pigs also don't like any chew sticks. But what i have found they like chewing on is the cardboard box houses I make. So try making one of those and let them chew on it. That's all I can think of.

is it ok to offer those dental chewy stick for dogs, to pigs?? don't know if they would try it but have thought about offering one to her.

is it ok to offer those dental chewy stick for dogs, to pigs?? don't know if they would try it but have thought about offering one to her.

No. If it is the plastic kind, your pig will end up eating the plastic, which is bad. If it is the organic kind, it is full of things that your pig can't eat and could likely make your pig pretty sick.

I think the point behind my last post may have been missed; if you need something to satisfy the chewing needs of your pigs, offer them unlimited grass hay, and a variety if you are feeling generous. They need the hay for much more than just providing them with something to chew.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.