Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Pellets Gold Blend Pellet?

fridzalone

Cavy Slave
My online friend who own piggy told me that CP Diet around her area is out of stock, so she bought another brand : Gold Blend. She also wrote the ingredients : corn, rice bran, wheat grain, wheat barn, soybean meal, fullfat soybean, alfafa, leucaena meal, carrot, salt, essential vitamin and minerals. And also the nutritional analysis : Protein 22%, Fat 2%, Fiber 16%, Moisture 11%, Calcium 1.5%, Phosporus 0.85%.

She said that her pigs love this brand more than CP,and she want to know which one is better : CP Diet or Gold Blend. If this brand is better than CP then she would be using Gold Blend.

By the way, I already asked about the using of CP Diet in : https://www.guineapigcages.com/threads/46227/post-437747

As far as I know, CP Diet is the only almost-safe, accepted, available and affordable pellets in Indonesia. So if there's any other alternatives (or maybe the better ones), I would be very happy to tell others to change to that brand too.

Thanks in advance :)

No, it's not good. Corn is the first ingredient and that means it's the highest level. Corn is not good for guinea pigs at all. There is also no added vit C which is needed by piggies, though this can be given through fresh veggies. This seems more like a farm animal food to me. Honestly, it's about the worst I've seen!

She may say they like it better but that's because it's like chips to us-junk food!
She's better off sticking to hay and fresh veggies and not using this pellet.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.