Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Going!

J

jaejae

This forum has got to be the most unfriendliest site I have ever been on. If its not people picking about the spelling they are moaning about something else! Honestly it is behond a joke!!!! I go on a very good guinea pig forum based in england and there is none of this picking and argueing! There are alot of kiddies on here with nothing better to do than backbite! Probably as they have no balls out there in the real world. I am now going to unsubscribe as it is doing my head in!!!!!! xxxxx

Why do people do this? You know this pointless thread is going to get yelled at, I think you're trying to rile up people posting this.

If you want to leave, just leave. You don't need to announce it..

We're passionate here, and we believe that proper ENGLISH is important too.

Don't you mean "beyond"? Just kidding.

No but really, what Ruby said.

It's not bad spelling thats annoying it's the puncuation. I would use chat speak for texts but not for a forum. I cannot be bothered to come on here and sit there for half an hour trying to figure what someone is saying! If they are too lazy to type properly then its their problem.

If it's so bad, then why did you come back to read how people responded?

I think someone wants attention.

I can't stand it when people set low standard for themselves and then get upset when people point out their low standards and make suggestions for improvement.

This site sets high standards. I think that is why we have so many wonderful long term members. I'm sure not everyone started out as good as they could be, but they saw opportunity for bettering something and they did it.

The people who come on this site and provide minimal care for their cavies have two choices.

1. Ignorantly defend their low standard of care to the detriment of their pets and themselves.

2. Accept that they can do better and make the changes to improve their pets' lives and their relationship with their pets.

This same idea goes for the proper posting rules. Everyone with a 3rd grade level of education or better can capitalize and punctuate. It is low standards and laziness that keeps them from doing it.

If someone is lazy enough to accept their poor habits without even attempting to do something about it then it is their loss. I feel sorry for what will happen to them later in life if they keep up that attitude.

Very well said Voodoo. A good portion of my job involves proof-reading. There are so many stupid mistakes that people make. Well that isn't right. Making a mistake once or twice isn't stupid. It's making the same one over and over and over after they've been told the right way that drives me nuts.

Do you think it's fun for me to always remind or warn people to post with proper capitalization and punctuation? NO it's not. I honestly hate that part of it. I would much rather be helping people. But as a moderator on this forum, it's part of my "job" to make sure the forum rules are obeyed. The forum rules include posting properly.

If more people would simply read the rules when they join or before making their first post, then it would make that part of the mod's jobs so much easier. It's not very hard to capitalize and punctuate. In all honesty it's not that hard to use correct spelling either.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.