Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Going away

dandelion

Cavy Slave
I just have a quick question. In a coupld of weeks I am going to be gone from about 9am-3pm the next day. I have somebody coming in the morning the day I come back do you think my gp's will be okay for a 24 hr. period if I fill up their hay more than usual and put extra pellets in the bowl and give them veggies before I leave?

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Yes. But you also might want to have someone check on them that same night you leave and for that person to give them some veggies too. You can make up veggie packets and leave them in the fridge. Maybe leave an extra water bottle full of water in the cage as well. I would give them their daily allotment of pellets and ask the person to put more in the next morning.

dandelion

Cavy Slave
Thanks for the advice!

Treen

Cavy Slave
I agree, I'd have someone check on them in the evening too. As well as it meaning they're being checked on and are keeping closer to their usual routine with you, it also means you have peace of mind as you know they've not been left too long.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.