Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Pigsitting Going away- what do I need to tell the pigsitter?

BugsytheGuinea

Cavy Slave
Title really describes it, travelling away for 3 weeks and my friend is pigsitting. She has guinea pigs as well, is it ok for bugsy to be fed the same as her guinea pigs? also, if anyone has anything that I should tell her as well because she has had guinea pigs all her life.

I know it sounds stupid but I'm leaving soon. Please can someone help me? again, its a silly subject but does anyone have any info

I'd tape directions on the wall near the cage, get tubberware containers for daily pellet doses, make sure everything is easy to find and organized. If you trust her and her care of guinea pigs, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

We were actually thinking, that if her piggies are going to get along, bugsy could live with them in their cage because its huge and she usually has more than 5 piggies. Would that be ok? and thank you MissJean because I love my piggy I and maybe over reacting.

I wouldn't have my pig live in the same cage as hers, but perhaps in the same room with a nice view of the other pigs? This is assuming, of course, that she is an exceptional caretaker and is well aware of the health of her pigs and she hasn't adopted any other pigs recently.

Otherwise, I just leave my pigsitter a list of phone numbers and directions to vet and emergency vet, meal menus, and basic care instructions.

thanks, I'm going to call her to organise everything now. She is really good with piggies. as I am typing, bugsy is sitting on my lap! thanks again

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.