Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Pellets Girls won't eat new pellets...

LauraK

Cavy Slave
Hi there!

I don't usually post much on here, but I have a concern lately and I thought I'd ask if anyone else has ever had this problem. I've been feeding my 2 girls KM's timothy pellets since I brought them home in March. I've been ordering 25 lbs of pellets at a time, and they absolutely LOVE them.

Well, this last order that I received, they are much darker (I am well aware that hay varies in color- so this isn't much of a concern) and much skinnier and in tinier pieces. The girls will NOT eat the new batch, and will pick out the last few remaining pellets from the older batch. I've emailed KM's to ask if they changed their formula or anything, but I am concerned that now they aren't eating them when they used to chow down. Not to mention that I have 25lbs of it! I'm waiting to hear back from KM's, but in the meantime, any comments or suggestions are welcome, thank you!

I'd wait on a reply from KM, or call and ask. I have a fairly new order of pellets, and they're the same as they've always been. If your pigs won't them, there may be something wrong with them.

I'd wait on a reply from KM, or call and ask. I have a fairly new order of pellets, and they're the same as they've always been. If your pigs won't them, there may be something wrong with them.

I totally agree!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.