Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Giga and her piggies!

GigaKMY

Cavy Slave
Hello! Tuesday this past week (May 29th, 2012) I adopted three adorable male guinea pigs (all three are unrelated). Two of them are Peruvians (one is one month old and the other is three months old) and the other is a Silkie (one month old), and they are quite happy here at my home (they're currently living in a large pet store cage I had lying around from guinea pigs I had when I was little, but they have a C&C cage on the way that should be arriving in about a week). I've named them Yuan, Kratos, and Mithos after a few characters from Tales of Symphonia. Here they are!

First up is Yuan, a one-month-old Peruvian guinea pig. He's the most outgoing of the three, and he definitely seems likely to become the dominant male of the bunch, if he hasn't already.

Next is Kratos, a three-month-old Peruvian guinea pig. He's somewhat bigger than the other two, since he's older, but they seem to get along well. Yuan and Mithos seem to enjoy his company quite a bit.

And finally we have Mithos, a one-month-old Silkie guinea pig. He tends to be a bit more submissive than the other two, but he's still a very sweet guinea pig. He's extremely content to simply sit on my shoulder while I'm on my computer, watching TV, etc. He has the softest coat of the trio.

Just a group shot of the three that I downloaded from the breeder's Facebook page (Guillory Guinea Pigs Galore | Facebook) (If she wants me to take this photo down, I will do so as quickly as I can). From left to right: Kratos, Mithos, and Yuan.

As for me, their owner, I love most smaller animals (cats and smaller), gardening, cooking, music (I play violin and sing), and video games. I've never been very good at describing myself, though, so this is probably all I'll put about myself unless I'm asked something specific.

I'll be updating this thread as my piggies grow older (and any possible new additions)!

pinky

Cavy Slave
Your boys are precious! The first two look more like Abbies with their rosettes. Peruvians have bangs and a straight part down the middle of their backs. The third one does look like a silkie.

GigaKMY

Cavy Slave
They're still young, so their fur hasn't grown much yet. Also, I've read that Peruvians do have whorls (rosettes), plus the breeder specializes in Peruvians, Silkies, and Texels, all long-haired breeds.

PiggyPigLover

Cavy Slave
There so cute but it's to early to take them off their mother.

SeeSpotSit

Cavy Slave
Welcome! Your piggies are all adorable :)

@PiggyPigLover - many male pigs are separated from their mother at 3 weeks because they can get the mother pregnant. I adopted my boys when they were 4 weeks old as well and they're great (now 6 months).

Last edited:

PiggyPigLover

Cavy Slave
Oh really I never knew that.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.