Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Getting Worried Pregnant Piggie

newpiggielover

Cavy Slave
I am getting very worried about my pregnant pig Sugar she is HUGE! I have looked at pictures of pregnant pigs and she looks so much bigger than any of them. She was noticably pregnant when we adopted her 59 days ago we feel the babies moving mom seems to be doing fine she eats a ton and drinks plenty of water. (yes lots of fresh veggies) She can barely get around. Could she be overdue is there such a thing? I have no clue as to how old she is or if she has been pregnant before. I have checked the spliting of the bone and it seems to have split but still no babies. Am I just worrying about nothing or should I be concerned?

(I tried to load pics but its not working for me I even tried photobucket not sure why it wont work!)

PLEASE ANY INFORMATION WOULD BE GREAT!!!

VoodooJoint

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator!
Cavy Slave
I think you can calm down. Most likely she will have the babies any moment now. Keep her cage clean and quiet and check on her often. Don't pick her up anymore if you can avoid it.

Start worrying if she is looking depressed or in distress. If that happens get her to a vet.

Most likely all is well and she's just waiting for you to turn your back so she can surprise you with babies.

Christys GPS

Cavy Slave
I agree with Voodoo like I always do, you should calm down and just keep checking on her, make sure her food and hay and water are near her so she have to get up and go around all over the place. But if you are worried and concerned for her safety, then call a vet because none of us are there with you and can see what she is going through, she is probally getting ready to start labor, if you think her pelvic is split. Well best of luck to you and dont forget to post pics when you can.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Actually she needs to get up and move to where the food and water are so she can get exercise and not develop toxemia. One of the main signs to look for of toxemia is her breath will smell like fingernail polish remover (acetone). If her breath does smell like that, please get her to a vet ASAP.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.