Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fleece Getting hair off fleece

sstickly22

Cavy Slave
Ok I have finally converted 100% and I think I will never go back to anything else now. It took the joy of Uhaul blankets for me to convert. I am very happy with them other then the fact I can't get the hair off the fleece. Without using dryer sheets do anyone else have this issue??? Any solutions? I am scared to put the uhaul blankets in the dryer for more then 5 mins as my first set shrank.
Thanks in advance!

Sirene

Cavy Slave
Have you tried brushing the fleece? I sweep mine daily to get the poops off, and this pulls up a lot of hair too. When I take my fleece out to wash it, I shake it outside, then brush it using an old pet slicker brush (the bristles are too hard to use on the pig, so I use it on the blankets instead :)). It does get staticky eventually, but it gets a lot of hair off!

kaite13

Cavy Slave
I use a plastic brush and hold the fleece in the air and just kind of brush it, or if there is still alot more hair i shake it outside. There is always still more hair but it comes out in the wash!

Shurrim

Cavy Slave
I use a plastic glove (like dishes ones) to brush the fleece. Hair and hay form balls easy to pick up.

danav

Cavy Slave
I vacuum my fleece - that helps.

natashia

Cavy Slave
I find that if I am rigorous about brushing my fleece (2 or 3 times a day) then a lot of the hair comes off with the dustpan and brush, however I tried shurrim's method and it worked a charm!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.