Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Behavior Getting a Neutered Boar. What to Expect?

chas25

Cavy Slave
I am getting a Neutered boy probably in the next week or so (been at a rescue and got fixed today) not sure of the age as the rescue just had him listed as "young" and I haven't asked yet the exact age - or guess. I have 4 females so he will be kept in quarantine for the next 4 weeks once I pick him up (if it needs to be longer let me know please). My question is this how will being neutered affect the normal boar behaviors? Also will I still have to deal with boar glue (really not liking the stories on that haha)? Are boars normally less aggressive when in a group of females?
Any other advice before I get him would be appreciated as I haven't had a boar before let alone one with females.

chas25

Cavy Slave
Does anyone have any advice or can anyone answer my questions?

chas25

Cavy Slave
Awesome thank you! I was a little worried about what to expect. I should be getting the pretty boy later this week or next because the lady wants to keep him for a few days to make sure there are no complications since she is a vet and she did the surgery. He is my first Silkie (3 short haired and an abby) so I am excited. As for the dominance issue I do have a very dominate female so I guess we will just see how he is.