Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Adopting Getting a baby and mom

PigPandemonium

Cavy Slave
Hello,

I'll be adopting two more piggies on the 23rd of this month. It is one mommy and her baby who will be 6 weeks old (I think) They will be living together in there own 2x3 cage, until they are introduced to Phoenix and Godric, then (if it goes well) they will be moved into there 30 sq feet cage. I'm not sure if there is anything I have to do different for the baby, such as giving her different food. At the moment I feed my pigs KMS timothy hay and pellets. I've heard something about babies having to have alfalfa pellets, so I'm wondering what to do about that, since the mom and baby will be living together, and alfalfa isn't good for older pigs. I also give my pigs romaine lettuce, yellow pepper, vitamin c tablets, and cilantro every night, with carrots, corn (Husk and silk), beans, and fruits, once every week. I also grow wheat grass for the pigs, and was wondering if that is ok to give to mom and baby (Slowly introduced of course) So I was just wondering if there were any things I have to do/change for the baby.

Thanks!

for the baby give it some parsley for calcium. then you wont have to change anything. just make sure to hand feed it to it everyday.

cant wait to see pictures

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.