Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Coughing Freddy has been coughing and im worried :(

FreddysMom

Cavy Slave
So last night I gave Freddy fresh water and he loves his water and he started to drink it really fast and the next thing I know he was coughing up a storm. So I made sure he was ok and I figured it was just him drinking to fast. This morning he coughed again. But he was drinking again. Am I just over worrying? or could something be wrong? He is still eating, sleeping, and using the bathroom normally. His eyes and nose are fine. Nothing is running or anything. It has been super hot some days and then cold the next. Could it be the weather? Cause I get a cough cause of pollen.

I would keep an eye on him to make sure he isn't coughing any other time. If it only happens when he's drinking, you're probably right that he's just drinking too fast.

I agree with the above poster. Sometimes they make a choking/coughing noise when eating or drinking too fast. My pigs used to do this a lot when they were younger, but have the hang of everything now.

Are you weighing him? I'm one of those people who gets super paranoid over every little thing with my pigs, and weighing really helps me feel more confidant in their health. Definitely takes away some of my stress. I highly recommend it.

I am weighing him today. I asked my brother and my mom if they have heard him coughing they said no. I am hoping it is just him getting over excited. He get so excited over his food and water that he dont eat or drink slow.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.