Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

for those of you with dogs

jdomans

Cavy Slave
In case you didn't know, you can take your dog into Bed Bath and Beyond. As long as they are in the buggy they are welcomed in the store. Chips went with us yesterday and it was a riot when he sniffed a thing of potpourri stuff. He had a sneezing fit.
We also take him with us to a restaurant that has an outdoor section. That is fun also.

fourbwabbys

Cavy Slave
The dog we babysit for would have a blast! Whenever we bring anything home that has a Bed Bath & Beyond type of scent, he goes crazy and won't leave you alone until he can smell it for like 10 minutes.

FuzzButtLover

Cavy Slave
That is cool, but I doubt my dog would fit into a buggy. Even if they could they would probably not like it too much, but thanks for the info.

this_lil_piggy

Cavy Slave
About 6 months ago hubby and I picked up some Pizza Hut to bring home for dinner, and hubby pulled a goofy and as a result Hershey (my choc lab) wound up with both of our large pizza's devoured before we realized.
He knows the scent of pizza now!

Fast forward to a few weekends ago, I ran to town to pick up none other than some pizza hut pizza. When I got in my van to leave Hershey jumped in wanting to ride and refused to get out, so what the heck, I let him go.
We get to the Pizza Hut drive thru and the girl in the window see's Hershey and just couldn't resist... She gave a big AWWWW And started talking to him in a cutsie wootsie voice and he as all over that...heck yeah, I bet she will pet me!! He jumps, lands in my lap in the drivers seat and perches his head out the window awaiting the head pat he knows is coming..... but just as she pats him one good time his nose fills with a familiar aroma......... AHA! PIZZA! The girl is laughing hysterically as he climbs through my window had half his body inside the drive in window, and only his back feet standing on the sill of my car window! I thought I would never get him dragged back in my window!:melodrama

Hershey is grounded from public appearances for a while. A long while.

I could probably cram him into a buggy......but I am not so sure I could keep him in it! lol

piggerz

Cavy Slave
Fast forward to a few weekends ago, I ran to town to pick up none other than some pizza hut pizza. When I got in my van to leave Hershey jumped in wanting to ride and refused to get out, so what the heck, I let him go.
We get to the Pizza Hut drive thru and the girl in the window see's Hershey and just couldn't resist... She gave a big AWWWW And started talking to him in a cutsie wootsie voice and he as all over that...heck yeah, I bet she will pet me!! He jumps, lands in my lap in the drivers seat and perches his head out the window awaiting the head pat he knows is coming..... but just as she pats him one good time his nose fills with a familiar aroma......... AHA! PIZZA! The girl is laughing hysterically as he climbs through my window had half his body inside the drive in window, and only his back feet standing on the sill of my car window! I thought I would never get him dragged back in my window!:melodrama

Oh that is hysterical!!! That sounds like something my Casey would have done. We used to take him to Dairy Queen for a free pup cup (doggie ice cream cup), he'd finish his first, then try to stick his nose in our ice cream. And he would try to stick half of his body out the window too just like your dog. That dog gave me some of the best years of my life. Taught me what people see in dogs. Now I just love them.

Piggerz