Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General For apt people, how many guinea pigs?

• Thread starter mercurybubbles8
  • Start date

mercurybubbles8

Cavy Slave
I currently live in an apartment have three piggies. I was just wondering for those in apartments, how many piggies do you have. How do you store your stuff? I just spent a weekend cleaning out a closet for them!

alfonzpig

Cavy Slave
I live in an apartment, and I keep their stuff in a storage space we made under their cage, and in a Rubbermaid tub beside their cage, also in my closet, and my boyfriends closet lol. I have pig stuff everywhere lol, and I have 3 pigs in a 17 square foot cage.

Artista

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I'm in a small apt and have 1 gp. She has enough stuff for 6 though! I have a 2 x 4 CC cage of which 2 x 1 is a kitchen. I have a bazillion fleece cases for her fleece flippers, sleep sacks, and different color igloos, toys... I also have a midwest cage to put her in when I'm doing the once a week cage clean. I would have 2 but can't afford the possibility of any more vet bills on more than 1. I'm on disability. I've already spent over 1K on her in less than a year! :/

I have her 2 boxes of hay along the wall in the dining room so it's out of the way, her fleece stuff stuffed in 2 boxes that are on top of each other next to her cage, and toys et al in the hall closet. I live alone so I don't need to worry about what someone will think about boxes out in sight.

Inle_Rabbit

Moderator / Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Gazer
5 guinea pigs, I store all their stuff under their cage and their hay is in the garage.

mercurybubbles8

Cavy Slave
Mine have taken over the entire dining room and I feel like I'm almost rearranging stuff every month to make sure I got enough room for all the fleece and toys

5 littlepiggies

Cavy Slave
We have five piggees and I store my stuff under the cage in a stand made of gids. Plus I store things in bins under my couch.

spudsthepiget

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I live in a 2-bedroom apartment and my 5 pigs have the whole second bedroom for their three 2x5 cages. The closet in their is full of all of their stuff and I even have some of it in my bedroom closet (mine is a walk-in, so it's not a big deal to me).

clcurnock1901

Cavy Slave
We live in a one bedroom flat very small and have five piggies( not by choice unexpected pregnant ) we keep their hay and bedding in the cupboard, food next to their cage and some more bedding in the airing cupboard :) very squished!

Dagny_Rango

Cavy Slave
We live in a one bedroom and have two Piggers. They have a 2x5 cage on a grid stand with 5 storage bins from the cages store. Those bins are amazing! Almost everything fits in the bins and a space behind the cage for a narrow shelf and hanging racks. I keep their hay, bulk pellets/bedding, and laundry basket in my storage room though because it's cooler in there (It's sort of like a cold room off my kitchen). I just need to find a place to put their floor time grids now.. they're currently sitting in a corner of my living room, but they migrate.
@mercurybubbles8 I'm always rearranging their stuff too! Partially for efficiency and mostly because I keep buying them more stuff :)

tonimk19

Cavy Slave
Have you seen the C&C cages that are off the ground to allow for storage underneath? We use fleece for bedding so I really only have to store pellets & hay. I guess the limit would be how many cages you can comfortably fit and how many you want to clean/ care for.

SherwoodPigs

Cavy Slave
I live in a bachelor apt (all one space) and have 2 pigs, a chinchilla, degus and hamsters, we have a HUGE shelving space, and we keep all their supplies in decorative boxes/baskets on shelves and in a closet

lunarminx

Cavy Slave
Mine have taken over the entire dining room and I feel like I'm almost rearranging stuff every month to make sure I got enough room for all the fleece and toys

All I have to say is a double grid stand....

But I have 2 3x3 stacked cages in my dinning room. Because I use pellets the only item not under my cage is the hamper of hay( I couldn't have a double opening), it's too wide and the full box is in the storage room. With the double grid stand, you can see how much storage I have/had with the various cage designs.

http://s1043.photobucket.com/user/lunarminx/library/Guinea Pigs Too?sort=3&page=1

porkchophamster

Cavy Slave
1 bedroom apartment with a dog, cat and 2 piggies. All of their stuff is stored under their cage. The cage is on a table the exact same size as the cage (2x4) so everything fits nicely underneath. I have a bin for hay, plastic storage container with drawers and a laundry basket for dirty fleece. The clean fleece goes on top of the hay bin (has a lid). I have space to store a 10 lb box of SMS hay sideways when I need it since all the hay won't fit in the plastic bin. Wish I could extend it to a 2x5 but my fiance would not be happy. lol

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.